Monday, October 20, 2008

Update - new baby is here




Well, the new baby is here - Landis' 4th! Genesis Estelle Thomas was born on October 15, 2008 at 11:23 p.m. by C-section after all day (induced labor). Mother and baby (and Dad) are fine and other kids are excited. Phil and I went to Clarksville to visit over the weekend and enjoyed the visit and took photos and also met the other grandparents who are from South Carolina. We are glad Landis will now be able to get a little relief as she was having a lot of discomfort at the end. T.J. is a proud new daddy and is doing a great job taking care of our little Geni. He's changing diapers & everything! She went for her newborn check up today and is doing great.
Phil and I have the Bluff City Fellowship convention this weekend so it will be very busy, particularly as he is the overall Chairman of the convention this year. We'll be at the Hilton in Memphis and are looking forward to seeing all our friends.
Adam is expected home next week and we are looking forward to seeing him. He is anxious to get to see Landis and T.J. and the new baby and the kids. They love their uncle Adam.
My new job is going well and I like it there. Sometimes change is good and I think I was overdue for one. God is good, all the time. Whenever I really get in distress and call on Him, what I hear Him say is "Well, are you going to trust me with it?" Of course, what else is there to do, really?

1 comment:

Cristi said...

YES I AM GOING TO TRUST HIM. (She said quietly, with tears on her cheeks) LOL